Work Experience (Schools & Colleges)
If you are interested in applying for a work placement at LearnPlay Foundation, please ensure you read the information on this page.
If you are under 16 years of age, your school will need to contact us directly for any communication.
We make approximately 20 placements available over the summer and another 20 throughout the year. We are inundated with work placement requests and as such they are now very competitive.
It is essential that you read the information that follows, otherwise you may be sifted out immediately.
Please send all Work Experience applications to firstname.lastname@example.org with a Covering Letter attached.
NB: Applications will not be accepted without a Covering Letter.
Essential Information For Work Experience Applicants
1. Before sending your Work Experience application, make sure you check your spelling and grammar. (Make sure capital letters are used and full stops are in the right place).
2. Ask a teacher or relative to proof read your Work Experience Application before applying to make sure everything makes sense.
3. Ensure you have written your Work Experience Application yourself – if you are invited to an interview you will be asked to provide examples of when you have used your attributes in different scenarios – if you don’t understand what the words mean – don’t include them!
4. Think about the language you use when writing your Work Experience Application, avoid using slang and text talk.
5. You will need to use an appropriate & professional looking email address. Email addresses like FunkyMunkey69@example.com do not look good to us. Our spam ﬁlter may disregard such email addresses.
6. State which Work Experience you are applying for in the subject bar of your email.
7. Double check to make sure your application is being sent to the right email address.
8. Make sure everything is attached when sending your application to avoid having to send multiple emails with different attachments.
9. Stay on topic. We don’t need to know how many dogs you have or what your favourite obscure 90’s song is. Tell us what your skills are and how they can beneﬁt our organisation.
10. Be patient, once you have submitted your application we will get back to you in writing within 14 days if we are interested. If you do not hear back from us after 14 days, then be advised we are not proceeding with your application and wish you all the best for the future.
11. Due to being under 16 years of age you will need to bring in your own packed lunch as our insurance may not cover you going off site.
12. You are coming to work in a proper work place so make sure you dress and act appropriately.
LearnPlay Foundation is a busy, creative digital media office; as such we often have clients on our premise.
We expect everyone to behave professionally and use work appropriate language & conversation at all times.
Our dress code is simple; unless otherwise advised, you dress in a smart & casual manner. We would not expect to see gym wear or clothing appropriate for a night club.
You may be asked to leave if you do not adhere to any of the above.
You’ve Finished Your Placement, Now What?
If you would like to work for LearnPlay Foundation, once you’ve completed your placement with us, email your CV & Covering Letter to Jobs@learnplayfoundation.com.
Make sure you have read the information on our website and fully understand the criteria we look for in a candidate.
NB: You can’t do a short course with us at the same time as being in college. You may wish to finish college first before applying.